Home > About Us > Principal's Message
Welcome to our Website.
2015 marks the 50th year of Singapore as a nation, and for Fuhua Primary School, the 74th year of our establishment. With the development of our precinct as the Gateway of Jurong and the establishment of this region as the prime residential and business district in the west, namely the Lakeside District of Singapore, it is important for our school to re-invent ourselves as the vital link to Singapore’s vision of a SMART Nation. This is in order for our community to prepare ourselves for the future.
In this connection, our school will be established as Singapore’s SMART School of the Future. We will create opportunities for our people; our faculty leading learning, establishing ourselves as the leader in the frontier of education and building our communities to be ready for a new Singapore, seamlessly integrated in technology and rooted deeply in values, ready for the future.
Our teachers will lead in designing the curriculum in nurturing the whole child in the five domains; cognitively, socially, morally, physically and in the aesthetics. We will honour the voice of each child and provide him with rich, authentic multi-sensory experiences and through the use of appropriate learning approaches, personalized to meet his needs, to excite his curiosity and creativity, to explore his potential, harnessing technologies, and prepared for a global and future world while grounded in values. The child will be a SMART student who is a:
- Self-Directed learner who knows how to plan, search for information, conduct research, organize his learning, apply, evaluate and reflect on his learning as a life-long pursuit, seeking to collaborate with others and as a result deepen his learning.
- Values-Motivated learner who is deeply rooted in values and in Singapore. A morally conscientious person who cultivates good moral habits and serves others and a confident person who is a good team player and responsible global citizen, caring deeply about his environment.
- Gracious Arts Connoisseur who appreciates the finer things in life, to enjoy life to the fullest and appreciate our rich cultural heritage.
- Future-Ready life-long learner, effectively critical and creative thinker with a positive attitude and a physically healthy individual who pursues physical, emotional and mental well-being.
- Technologically-savvy learner who is able to integrate technology seamlessly and leverage on it in his learning.
It takes a village to raise a child. Our school will build communities and explore ways in which we can better engage and involve our parents in the learning of the child. In my short time here, I am truly delighted by the support and love shown by the community. As the West Zone Centre of Excellence for Info-Com Technology (ICT), we will endeavour to partner strategic organisations to lead learning into a higher dimension.
I hope that you will enjoy our website!
Phua Kia Wang,